What is the best way to care for my candle?
There are a few candle tips to get the best from your home fragrance.
- The first time you light your candle is the most important. Ensure that you leave your candle burning until the top surface has reached the edges. This will prevent candle tunneling throughout the rest of the life of your candle.
- With each use, do not allow candle to burn less than 1 hour or longer than 4 hours.
- Never move a burning candle. Ensure candle is extinguished, wax is solid and jar is cold before handling.
- Never leave your candle unattended. Keep candles away from pets and children, and away from draughts and curtains. Windy spaces and draughts can cause uneven burning and diminish the scent throw.
- DO NOT burn your candle all the way down. Although, it is tempting to continue burning until the wax is gone, we strongly advise against this as the flame needs a solid base of wax to avoid overheating the glass jar. This can cause your glass to break, so please be mindful of the remaining wax in your vessel.
How do I get the best performance out of my Candle?
- Prevent soot from forming on the glass by keeping wicks properly placed and trimmed.
- Never allow the candle flame to come in contact with the side of the glass.
- Do not use if glass is cracked, chipped or broken.
- Never introduce liquids or foreign objects into candle and keep it free of wick trimmings, matches and any flammable materials.
- If the glass becomes blackened while burning, extinguish candle, allow to cool and clean with a dry paper towel.
- When not in use, keep candle covered to avoid dust build-up.
- Use a candle snuffer to properly extinguish a candle flame. If not available, blow gently and steadily on the flame until it is extinguished.
- Our candle burn time is around 40-50 hours.